Friday, May 28, 2010

Parisian Food

I feel I'm not doing justice to Paris without providing a post about the food as well. We had great food the entire weekend and I'd like to share some of the pictures of our delicacies.

I know that I have already pointed out the small bakery we went to, but the sandwiches were delicious. They seem to bake the bread to the perfect temperature so it melts in your mouth. We noticed that they had quiche at the bakery, so we had to try a little. this one was salmon. I was a bit surprised because all of the quiches available had some kind of fish (there was a tuna one too).



After our hours in the Louvre, we went to the Latin Quarter famished. Most of the restaurants in the area were on the pricey side. Luckily, we found a trendy place that served something called Croquettes (I might be incorrect about the name). Basically, it's two pieces of toast with mozarella. I had ratatouille in mine and A had a fried egg on his.





When we left the restaurant, we came across a street vendor selling crepes. We were quite excited and bought ones filled with nutella and banana. They were a bit pricey for our taste (4 euros!) but absolutely delicious!



The next day, we had a quick sandwich lunch during the day. We wanted to eat and run since we hoped to see everything possible. For dinner, we went to a local restaurant near the Sacre Coure. One of my students recommended that we try the French onion soup while in Paris (here, they just call it onion soup). I'm not usually a fan of this soup, but it was quite good!



Another thing I liked about Parisian food is that there were a lot of healthy choices. We decided to split a salad and duck dish. When the food came out, I didn't realize that the salad was actually a full meal!



A's brother recommended that we try the duck, so we also had that with some pommes frites (french fries). The duck was quite tender.



So, there's your sampling of some French food. O la la! Our days are numbered here in Spain now, so we're packing in as many trips as possible (without going broke!) Next week, we'll be traveling to Sevilla and Granada! Hope to report back soon!

1 comment: